A healthy and delicious Indian flatbread.
- 300gms wheat flour
- 150gms tofu ( grated )
- 3-4 tsp Vegan ghee/oil
- 2tsp coriander leaves ( finely chopped )
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 garam masala powder
- Salt for taste
For the dough:-
In a mixing bowl add the wheat flour along with 1/2 tsp salt and vegan ghee ( optional ) and mix well.
Add water in small portions and knead it into a dough. Once the dough is ready, set it aside for 30 mins by covering it with a wet cloth.
In a mixing bowl add the grated tofu along with 2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 garam masala powder and 1 tsp salt and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Grease your hands with some oil/vegan ghee & break a lump from the dough and coat some flour on it and roll it.
- Take 2-3 tsp of the stuffing and put it over the rolled out Paratha & close it by lifting from all the sides.
- Coat it again with some flour and roll it without letting the stuffing coming out so be gentle and shape it into a chapati
- Add some vegan ghee or oil on a heated Tawa and put the Paratha.
- Roast it on a low flame until both the sides of the Paratha are brown in colour and add some vegan ghee or oil on both sides.
Do the same for the rest of the dough following the same procedure.
Serve the Parathas with Vegan curd /chutney / Tomato ketchup.
Vikyath is a budding vegan chef , currently pursuing his Hotel management in Culinary arts from the prestigious Manipal University. His love for animals and cruelty towards them turned him vegan.