Soya bean which Is mainly composed of proteins also contain carbs and fat.This makes it a best source of plant- based protein.
1 bowlsoya bean seeds( soaked overnight & seed coat removed)
Half cup Fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
6 garlic pods ( finely chopped)
2 medium sized Onions( roughly chopped )
6 green chillies
2 tsp ginger ( small pieces )
Salt ( according to taste )
1 tspTurmeric powder
( Pressure cook all these above items till 4 whistles)
For Tempering Dal
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes( finely chopped)
- 1 onion ( finely chopped )
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 garlic pods ( finely chopped )
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 2 dry red chillies
- Coriander leaves ( finely chopped )
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a Kadhai. Add jeera and let it crackel & add ginger garlic, dry red chillies and 1 finely chopped onion.
- Saute everything till golden brown in colour
- Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt & stir it till all the tomatoes are cooked
- Further, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry it for a minute.
- Lastly pour over all the pressure cooked dal in the kadhai.
- Slowly simmer it for 5 mins until all the flavours are absorbed.
- ( Make it thin or thick by adding water according to your need )
Garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves and enjoy 🙂
Vikyath is a budding vegan chef , currently pursuing his Hotel management in Culinary arts from the prestigious Manipal University. His love for animals and cruelty towards them turned him vegan.