- Mushrooms 1 pack
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic
- 1/2 inch pc ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Whole spices- 1 bayleaf, cinnamon small pc, 1 clove, 1 green cardamon, 1 black cardamon, 3 peppercorns
2 tbsp soy yoghurt (non-dairy yoghurt)
- Kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil. Saute cumin seeds.
- Saute 1 sliced onion till light brown.
- Add ginger & garlic. Saute.
- Add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes & salt. Saute & add a lil water. Cook till soft.
- Add 2 tbsp soy yoghurt. Simmer for a min. Take off heat. Let it cool & blend in mixie to a smooth puree.
- Wash the mushrooms, dry on a towel.
- Cut in quarters or leave whole if small.
- Add a lil oil in pan, saute whole spices.
- Saute 1 sliced onion till translucent. Add a lil chilly powder & mushrooms. Saute for a 2-3 mins. Add salt.
- Add the masala puree and mix well.
- Check seasoning, add salt as needed.
- Let it simmer for few mins, add crushed kasuri methi.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative and take photos of food. She manages the page The Vanilla Vegan where she shares recipes to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.