Moong dal is a powerhouse of protein combined with bay and coriander leaves rich in calcium and antioxidants make it an excellent morning breakfast.
- 2 bowls yellow split moong dal soak it for two hours
- 2 tbsp vegan curd
- 2 medium-sized carrots grated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pinch of hing
- 1 bowl coriander leaves
For chutney grind all the Ingredients
- Half shell coconut grated
- Three green chilies
- 7 pods of garlic
- 1 small onion
- Small piece of ginger
- 7,8 stems of curry-leaves & coriander leaves
- Salt according to taste
- For tempering heat 2 tablespoon oil in a small pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon full mustard seed let it crackle low flame.
- Then add two stems of curry-leaves leaves and keep aside.
- Grind the soaked moong dal with the vegan curd adding water slowly into an idli batter nor thin or thick.
- Pour grinded moong dal into a bowl add, coriander leaves, salt, grated carrots, and mix thoroughly ,add baking soda in the end and mix just before you are pouring it into the idli moulds.
- Steam for 15,20 minutes or until cooked. Do the same for the rest of the dough following the same procedure.
Eat it hot & steamy and serve it along with the green chutney.
Vikyath is a budding vegan chef , currently pursuing his Hotel management in Culinary arts from the prestigious Manipal University. His love for animals and cruelty towards them turned him vegan.