Mock meats or veg meats are plant-based products made using soya protein, wheat gluten, pea protein, or veg substitutes like jackfruit. These are cruelty-free substitutes.
For non-vegetarians, transitioning to a plant-based diet, these veg meats are a sustainable answer to their cravings.
- Mockmeat (used Gooddot – Vegetarian Bytz)
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- Spice powders -1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilly, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp coriander, 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Bayleaf
- Coriander leaves
- 2 cloves, 2 cardamon, small piece cinnamon
- 6-7 garlic
- 1/2 inch pc. ginger
- 2 red chilly
- 1 onion
- 1/2 pc green chilly
- Few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- Grind the clove, cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, garlic, onion, red chilly, green chilly, coriander leaves, coconut with some water to a fine paste. Keep the paste aside.
- Heat oil, add bay leaf. Add finely chopped onion, saute till light brown.
- Add the ground masala. Saute for a min.
- Add tomato. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add all the dry spice powders except garam masala.
- Cook till oil leaves masala.
- Add mockmeat pieces & mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add water for gravy as needed.
- Simmer on low heat for about 10mins.
- Sprinkle garam masala & garnish with coriander leaves.
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative. She shares recipes on her page The Vanilla Vegan to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.