A simple plant based dish made out of whole wheat farfalle pasta & soy tofu in a rich creamy non dairy sauce full of protein .
- 2-3 tsp Flour ( maida )
- Vegetable oil
- 250 ml Soy Milk
- 2 cupsFarfalle Pasta
- 100g Cashew nuts( soaked in water for 30 mins)
- Tofu (1 bowl of tofu cut into cubes)
- 4 pods of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- Chilli flakes
- 4 florets of cooked Broccoli
- Peri peri (optional)
- Boil raw pasta according to the instructions given on the package. Take 4-5 cups of water in a deep sauce pan & bring it to boil over medium flame.
- When it starts boiling add 3/4 cup farfalle pasta & 1/2 tsp salt.
- Boil them until al dente( cooked but not very soft ) it will take around 10-12 mins. To check whether pasta is cooked or not , take one pasta in a fork and bite it. If it is a little firm to bite,it is cooked. If it is too hard ,it requires more cooking.
- Transfer the cooked pasta in a colander and save some pasta water in a small cup.
- While pasta is cooking heat 2tsp oil in a non stick pan & add the onions & garlic & saute it until it turns translucent.
Add some oil and flour in the same pan and mix it.
- Slowly & gradually add all the soy milk and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Put all the sauce in the blender and add the soaked cashew nuts and blend it into a smooth creamy paste.
- In another heated pan add the paste and the boiled pasta along with broccoli,capsicum & tofu and add the pasta water and simmer it for a minute.
- Add the oregano & chilli flakes and a bit of peri peri for some spicyness and mix it.
Your Pasta is ready to be served! Buon Appetito
Vikyath is a budding vegan chef , currently pursuing his Hotel management in Culinary arts from the prestigious Manipal University. His love for animals and cruelty towards them turned him vegan.