A non-dairy yoghurt gravy served with jeera rice.
- 1 cup Peanut curd
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chilly
- Few curry leaves
- Mix the peanut curd with water, besan, ginger garlic paste.
- Strain through a sieve into a vessel.
- Keep on low heat.
- Add turmeric, salt & simmer for few mins and take off heat.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, red chilly, curry leaves.
- Pour over the curd gravy.
- Soak 1 bowl of peanuts (about 100 gms) for about 4 hrs.
- Drain water.
- Blend with 500 ml water.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Transfer to a vessel & boil.
- Let it cool a bit. Take off any layer that forms.
- When it’s lukewarm add few green chilly tops.
- Cover & keep aside for 8-10 hrs, overnight is best.
- Peanut curd is ready.
- A little of this curd can be used as a starter to make curd for the next time.
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative. She shares recipes on her page The Vanilla Vegan to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.