For those transitioning to a vegan lifestyle there are many plant-based substitutes available that can easily be made into your favourite dish.
- Veg Fillet – Mock Fish (used veggie champ)
- 3-4 Red chillies
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Pepper corns
1/2 tsp Methi seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 1 small piece Tamarind
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 2 small Onions
- 2 green Chillies
- Heat a pan & dry roast red chillies, cumin, coriander seeds, pepper corns, methi seeds.
- Cool & put it in the blender.
- Add 1 onion, garlic, tamarind, turmeric powder & grated coconut.
- Grind into a fine paste with little water.
- Marinate the veg fillet pieces with salt & turmeric for 10 mins & pan fry.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute 1 sliced onion, green chillies.
- Add the ground masala paste, saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add water as per gravy needed, salt to taste & bring to a boil.
- Add the pan fried veg fillet pieces into the masala.
- Simmer for few mins and take off heat.
Enjoy with boiled rice.
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative. She shares recipes on her page The Vanilla Vegan to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.