This is an easy, vegan recipe made with simple ingredients. The cake is lovely & soft and perfect for any time you need a sweet treat! No eggs or dairy products have been used and no cruelty to animals.
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 1 & 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (180g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 2/3 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 8-10 Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking pan with butter paper or grease lightly.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla and mix.
- Mix all the dry ingredients & sieve through a strainer.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and fold lightly.
- Add in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into the baking pan, bake in the oven at 180°C for about 30 mins.
- Check if cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let it cool on a rack & then slice.
- I have used a 9 x 7 inch baking pan. Baking time may vary for a different size baking pan.
- Can add in any other nuts / dry fruits or non-dairy chocolate chips too and create your own version !
- This is a moderately sweet cake. Sugar can be reduced slightly if you want.
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative and take photos of food. She manages the page The Vanilla Vegan where she shares recipes to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.