Try out this frozen non-dairy dessert flavoured with mango, kesar & pistachios.
- 2 1/2 cups Almond milk
- 1 Mango (pulp)
- 2-3 tbsp Rice flour / cornflour
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- 3-4 Cardamon powder
- Few Pistachios unsalted
- 4-5 Cashews
- Kesar (saffron strands)
- Blend mango pieces to make mango puree. Keep aside.
- Gently warm almond milk on low flame. Do not boil. Nut milks are sensitive to heat.
- Add few kesar strands.
- Add sugar. Mix till dissolved.
- Mix riceflour or cornstarch in a little water or almond milk. Add this slowly to the milk, keep stirring. Let it thicken.
- Add finely chopped pistachios.
- Add cashew paste (blend cashews with a little water to make a smooth paste).
- Take off heat. Let it cool.
- Keep one portion for the pista flavour.
- Add mango pulp to the other portion. Mix.
- Pour into kulfi moulds or plastic container. Put the lid & freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with few crushed pistas and kesar strands when serving (optional).
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative. She shares recipes on her page The Vanilla Vegan to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.