Home-made, non-dairy nut milk.
Dairy is such a cruel industry. Nut milks are a great alternative & easy to make too.
- Soak a handful of almonds overnight.
- Drain the water.
- Blend with water 1:3.
- Strain through a strainer. Press with a spoon to squeeze out the liquid. You can also use a nut milk bag or muslin cloth for this.
Enjoy in your tea, coffee, smoothies, desserts.
- Keep the residue. It can be baked in the oven and used with your breakfast muesli.
- If you wish to flavour it, can add a date or lil vanilla essence when blending.
- Can remove the skin & blend too.
- Some non-dairy & nut milks are heat sensitive so should not be overheated.
- If using in tea, just add it at room temp, stir and take off heat.
Nutritional Info: Per cup Unsweetened Almond milk
- 30-60 calories
- 1 gm carbohydrates
- 3 gm fat
- 1 gm protein
Vanessa believes in conscious & compassionate living. She follows a plant-based lifestyle and loves to be creative and take photos of food. She manages the page The Vanilla Vegan where she shares recipes to show others the simplicity of plant-based living.