- SUPPORTS NERVE FUNCTION & COGNITIVE HEALTH – This multivitamin is rich with Vitamin B12, it plays an important role in the function of the nervous system. Adequate levels of B12 vitamin positively impacts cognitive health and can lower the risk of neurodegenerative diseases. B12 also has the ability to help regulate mood disorders, and along with folate, it helps regulate stress levels. Vitamin D3 is integral in regulating mood, combating mental health disorders, and optimal cognitive function.
- FIGHTS ANEMIA, & HELPS IN THE PRODUCTION OF HEALTHY BLOOD CELLS & DNA – Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak. This vegan multivitamin is a perfect addition to your diet.
- HEALTHY BONES & SUPPORTS VARIOUS BODILY FUNCTIONS – Vitamin D is a fat-soluble substance necessary for the smooth working of several of the body’s physiological functions. It regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in our bones and aid in inter-cellular communication throughout the body. It is the perfect whole food multivitamin for your body.
- PREVENTS & PROTECTS – Contains 5-MTHF which is instrumental in reducing homocysteine levels, preventing neural tube defects, improving vascular endothelial functions. It plays a key role in preventing cerfical dysplasia and protecting against neoplasia in ulcerative colitis.
- Vegan – Unived’s B12+D3 offers a therapeutic dosage of 1500mcg vegan Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin 99% purity) + 500mcg of 5-MTHF + 2500 I.U. plant-based Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol from Lichen) in each vegan capsule.
We use the active form of vegan Vitamin B12, methylcobalamin in what is the industry’s highest potency at 99% purity. The formulation of our Vitamin B12 capsules also includes 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate, which is the most biologically active form of the B-vitamin, folic acid. The B12 is vegan vitamin B12.
Also included is plant-based Vegan Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) in a 2500 I.U. dosage.
Unived’s B12+D3 offers a therapeutic dosage of 1500mcg vegan Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin 99% purity) + 500mcg of 5-MTHF + 2500 I.U. plant-based Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) in each vegan capsule.
We recommend taking one capsule, daily, preferably after breakfast in the morning.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in some foods. Vitamin B12 exists in several forms and acts on the mineral, Cobalt. Hence, those compounds with Vitamin B12 activity are called ‘cobalamins’ and the active forms are Methylcobalamin and 5 Deoxyadenosylcobalamin
Vitami B12 is required for proper red blood cell formation, various neurological functions, as well as DNA synthesis. Vitamin B12 functions as a cofactor for methionine synthase and L-methylmalonyl-CoA mutase.
5-Methyltetrahydrofolate is the biologically active form of vitamin B9. In concert with vitamin B12, 5-MTHF functions as a methyl-group donor involved in the conversion of the amino acid homocysteine to methionine.* Methyl-group donation is vital to many biochemical conversion processes, including the synthesis of serotonin, melatonin, and DNA.
Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble substance necessary for the smooth working of several of the body’s physiological functions. Though it is most popularly known for its important role in bone heath, research has now revealed its relevance in overall health, prevention and cure of various ailments.
Why Vegan Vitamin B12+D3
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak.
- Vitamin B12 is found in various animal products such as fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products.
- Vitamin B12 is generally not present in plant foods. Some nutritional yeast products contain B12.
- In food sources, Vitamin B12 is usually found as cyanocobalamin, a form that the body needs to confirm into the active forms of methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosylcobalamin.
Cynocobalamin VS Methylcobalamin
Simply put, Cynocobalamin is the inactive form of Vitamin B12 where as Methylcobalamin is the active form of Vitamin B12. Cynocobalamin is found in various food sources, but once consumed the body needs to convert it to Methylcobalamin.
Methylcobalamin has a methyl group (just carbon and hydrogen) while cyanocobalamin contains a cyanide molecule. Although the amount of cyanide in is too small to be harmful, your body will still need to remove and eliminate this compound. As it has no use for the cyano-compound itself, it will set about converting any cyanocobalamin you take into methylcobalamin as soon as possible – it’s the methyl-compound that the human body needs to function properly.
Functions of Vegan Vitamin B12
- B12 works with the B vitamin folate to produce the body’s genetic material
- It helps keep levels of the amino acid homocysteine in check, which may help decrease heart disease risk
- It is essential in the production of red blood cells, which carry oxygen through the blood to the body’s tissues
- Aids in tissue growth
- Allows the body to use certain nutrients
- Facilitates numerous chemical reactions
- Human body normally contains 5000-10000 µg Vitamin B12
Vitamin D has a unique functioning system as compared to other vitamins. In fact, it functions more like a hormone, impacting metabolic pathways, cellular functions, and the expression of myriad genes.
The main function of vitamin D is to regulate the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in our bones and aid in inter-cellular communication throughout the body. It also positively influences:
- Immune system, helping you to fight infection
- Muscle function
- Cardiovascular function, for a healthy heart and circulation
- Respiratory system – for healthy lungs and airways
- Weight loss
- Brain development
- Anti-cancer therapy